Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keep Calm Craft On {crafting on}

waldorf doll socks

Well, the last day of school has come and gone. I am slowly coming back to life after a couple of weeks of exhaustion. While I normally use crafting as my stress relief and way to 'keep calm', I don't have any projects currently going. I felt the need to take a mini break and spend time reading a good book. So this time around it's all finished projects. I hope you don't mind.
I do already have a few ideas in my head and will probably start on something before this post even goes up. I'm not an addict, I swear!

I finished up the Waldorf doll socks for K's kindergarten classroom as I was hoping to. I did want to make more sets for them (they have quite a few dolls), but I suppose a girly set and boyish set will suffice.

flower prints

flower prints

flower prints

Portland Waldorf School Lavender Lotion

Our lotion ending up working out after all. I drained the extra water and then mixed it up again. This time it stayed silky smooth. Phew! The color is a bit greenish from the olive oil but the smell of the lavender and the feel of the lotion on your skin is quite heavenly. I think I will have to make a batch for myself now.

Also inspired by the same book, we made flower prints with random flowers we had. The girls seemed to get a kick out of smashing a flower with a hammer. C's sensitive little ears weren't quite as keen on the noise of it, though.
After they did a few of the flowers we had on hand we thought we would decorate the teachers' lotion label with lavender prints. K soon discovered an added bonus to using lavender - it makes the paper smell nice!

teachers' gifts

We went a bit crazy with an unintended lavender theme and made them lavender sachets, too. I stayed up until two in the morning the day they were due to knit these quick hearts. I used some of our leftover hand dyed yarn for them. (Love!) Once they were knit up I sewed the two sides together about 3/4 of the way, stuffed them with fresh lavender and wool sprinkled with lavender essential oil, and then finished sewing them up all the way. For a final touch to the whole thing, we made beeswax dogwood flowers to remind the teachers of our school grounds.

It doesn't seem like a whole lot but boy did it feel like it as we were making it all!

What are you working on? Or perhaps have finished? Happy creating!

If you would like to link up and share your current works in progress please leave your link below. It can now be either to your specific blog post or Flickr photo. There are no rules, only that your link is current and something about a craft project (of any kind) you are working on. Don't forget that there is now a KCCO Flickr group for you to share your crafting photos at anytime.

Please remember to link back here so that others who may want to join KCCO can find us.

It's as simple as that. Remember your post can be from any day of the week, it doesn't have to be today. We all love feedback so if you have a moment please leave a comment on some of the KCCO posts you may visit. I know your comments really motivate me! Now please share and inspire us all!


Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...