Monday, May 16, 2016

Clarity

green C's sweet note to K down time reading to baby brother kale chips favorite shirt sneaky photo You know those days when nothing seems to go right? When your children bicker endlessly, you're after them all day with the simple task of hanging up a towel, your cat misses the litter pan and your baby won't sleep? The kind of days that make you question your choices as a parent and have you wondering where did I go wrong? Yeah, today was one of those days. No, scratch that. This weekend was an extended version of one of those days. But then, just when I think I am at the end of my rope and one of my children proclaims that they just need time away from all siblings, I see my precious baby smile when I look at him. I see one child selflessly offer up the last two popsicles, even though that child was the one asking for a popsicle in the first place. I see a note written in cursive on the board from one child to another (and her cursive blew me away). I see the very same child that proclaimed a need to be alone snuggled up reading books to both of her siblings instead.

Then I exhale and remember - God only gives us as much as we can handle. Even if those moments are fleeting and everything goes right back to the chaos it was before, I can see the beauty and goodness with clarity and I know that everything is going to be okay.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...