Monday, June 13, 2016

To fix or not to fix

kitchen sink broken :( garden on the mend soup with gluten-free bread passed out awake twinkle toes baby blues school desk
desk - to fix or not to fix?
fix? Our kitchen fell apart this weekend which led to our whole house falling apart. The sink hose basically exploded and water began gushing out everywhere. Kevin had to just shut down the water until he could fix it or the maintenance men could come (Monday) so we went all weekend without a sink to do dishes. They piled up pretty fast, too. I really should have taken a photograph later in the day today because that photo above is such a tiny portion of the mess that soon followed. We went through every pot, pan and dish we own. The kitchen has been my "frontier" so if it falls behind then it has a huge affect on me and a domino effect on the rest of the house. I think it was pretty obvious to everyone that I was frazzled. Thankfully Kevin was able to do a temporary fix this evening so we could clean our dishes until it is fixed tomorrow (my hero!).

We have been gluten-free for over a week now and I have to say I am feeling pretty darn good. I have so much more energy than usual. Baby F has been happy and even cooing and smiling a lot. It might be a coincidence or it just might be the gluten! We'll keep it going.

To fix or not to fix? That is the question. I have been a few school desks like the one above for awhile now. I posted in out local classified and a very kind woman responded saying she had one that needed some work done that I could have for free. I was thinking it might just need some sanding and painting but it appears that the wood on both the desk and the chair portions is warped all the way through. I don't know if I could even replace it looking at the way it is attached to the metal. Then again I know nothing about woodworking. Can it be done? Would it be worth it? Any insight on this? I would love to be able to fix it up and use it in out home. Right now it is sitting on our porch until I can figure out what to do. Sorry neighbors!

p.s. - I have been trying to work a bit on updating my ravelry page. preemie milo preemie on left nb on right nb vs preemie milo size difference

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...